What precautions is Lift Yoga taking in order to reopen, following Covid-19?
Below are the steps we’re taking for in-studio classes beginning June 1. Please arrive a minimum of 5 minutes prior to the start of class to allow ample time to observe these new requirements.
- Classes will be limited and spots will be marked on the floor for mats to comply with social distancing requirements.
- Weather allowing, the main entrance door will be propped open and instructors will be checking students in on their phones to allow for a contactless entry to the studio.
- Limited props will be provided by the studio – students are encouraged to bring their own equipment.
- Masks will be required to enter the studio. Masks may be removed during practice, but then must be worn again after class until you leave the studio. Instructors are required to do the same.
- We will manage traffic through the reception area to reduce congestion and allow for social distancing.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided in the restrooms and reception area.
- We ask that you come as ready as possible for class. If you must use the restrooms, antibacterial wipes will be provided to wipe down surfaces.
- Everyone must pre-register and pre-pay for class. No walk-ins will be allowed.
- Water fountains and water coolers will not be provided for the time being. Please bring a filled water bottle with you to class. Venmo and PayPal payments options are posted on the coolers for contactless purchasing or drinks.
- Mat spray and towels will no longer be provided. Kindly wash your mat once you get home. In Alpharetta we provide a UV mat cleaner that is available for use.
And the most important step is the responsibility of every student:
Anyone with a cough, sniffles, or fever is asked to not attend in-studio classes. Temperatures will be taken at the door and anyone with an elevated temperature will not be allowed into the studio.
I am a beginner — can I come to any class?
How do I sign up for a class?
You can sign up for class by going to our schedule and clicking on the class you choose to attend. This will direct you to our software, MINDBODY, where you will create an account to use each time you reserve your space for class. If you already have an account, we recommend the MINDBODY app which is available as a free download for smartphones below.
Do I have to reserve a spot in class or can I just drop in?
Pre-registration is required for ALL classes. With limited class sizes, we often have a waitlist for classes. Please be courteous of others and cancel your booking at least two hours in advance so that we can contact those on the waitlist. Students using class packages will be charged a class credit. Members with unlimited packages will be charged a $5 late cancellation fee. This includes no-shows (not attending and not cancelling the class reservation). Thank you for your understanding as we endeavor to provide our services to as many yogis as possible.
What do I need to do before my first class?
What if I'm not flexible or focused?
Should I eat before class?
How challenging will the class be?
How often should I practice?
Whether you practice at home or in the studio, a daily practice, even a 20 minute daily practice, is a good goal. But start small, come to class 2-4 times a week.
I have an injury. What should I do?
Can yoga or barre help me lose weight?
I arrived a few minutes late to class and the door was locked. Why is that?
Do you offer one-on-one classes?
Yes. We offer private sessions and one-on-one mentoring for those interested in deepening their practice or working on a specific issue (e.g., general well being, energy healing, recovering from injuries, proper alignment principles, energy-enhancing breath work). Click here to learn more!
Can I bring my cell phone to class?
We ask that you turn your phone completely off. Even the vibration of your phone can be heard during the quiet moments of a class. Please be respectful so that your phone will not interfere with your community as they practice.
What does "namaste" mean?
Do you have questions that weren't answered here? Please feel free to contact us!
Welcome to the Lift community! to help preserve this sanctuary, here are a few tips:
Embrace the Quiet
- Please speak SOFTLY inside the yoga room. If you are waiting for a class, please be respectful and keep the noise down.
Be on Time
- Our teachers start and end on time, so arrive 10 minutes early to get set up.
- IF you need to leave early, please let the teacher know and leave BEFORE final relaxation.
- Please silence your phone and Apple watches.
Keep It Clean
- Return props and blankets neatly.
- Wipe up any of your sweat that may have pooled on the floor.
- Avoid strong fragrances and be mindful of personal hygiene.
Accidents happen. Phones go off. People may not have showered. We all mess up. Forgive each other. Give your fellow classmates a break. Be kind and gentle spirits. Support the good vibe tribe!